Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Introducing... The Wasted Years

The Wasted Years is just getting off the ground, and I'm getting excited. The stories are flowing like beer, and not-coincidentally, are usually fueled by beer as well. Unfortunately, there aren't any podcasts ready to post just yet. I want to build-up a small batch of podcasts before I officially launch the show, probably in May sometime. But in the meantime, here's a teaser.

This is Brian Cook of Russian Circles enjoying some Ninkasi. Brian used to play for legendary hardcore act Botch, followed by the much beloved These Arms Are Snakes. We recorded for a couple hours last weekend at Brian's place, and he spun tales of drunken woe from his TAAS touring days, followed by a tale of wake-the-fuck-up from a more recent RC trip. Quality stuff for sure.



And this fella? This is my good buddy Mike Spine (Toschi) from At the Spine. He's also been touring for a long time, and getting involved with things like you see in this picture. Mike told me an amazing story about the time he slept with a Vampire in New Orleans, and then he and I shared some stories from our days touring with my old band The Plains.

Stay tuned...


Aaron A. Semer
Host of The Wasted Years Podcast
Struggling musician, songwriter, and engineer for over 20 years


NOTE: This page and design will be refining over time, and will eventually integrate with a pod-hosting site. This is my first stab at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment